Saturday 18 July 2015

How do I do Marketing for my law firm the right way? Solicitors you really need to watch this video

Just put a short video together to answer the question "How do I do marketing the right way?" http://screencast.com/t/jTUfLqoDyI Enjoy the video. It's for people that know how to market but need a refresher to simplify things for people that haven't really done it before for people that aren't getting the results they want Share it around if you like to anyone that needs a bit of help... I also have a PDF in which there's a framework for getting marketing done over a 3 month (12 week) period. It's within the context of finding partners who can make referrals and how to market to them. However, the same 12 week plan is relevant to any business. (Available on request). Most things I have discovered don't get done in an annual marketing plan. That's why 3 months is ideal because things change too much over a year. So 12 weeks is ideal to take action, see progress and get results. It's a way of having a marketing plan for certain objectives to be achieved. It makes people accountable too. I have also found that relying on other people often means things never happen. Unless you make them accountable. And the best way of this is to use a journal with the marketing plan. For example, a sole practitioner's journal may be to do at least one of these things every day. Today’s Checklist For Success I asked for a testimonial from a loyal client I called a client on the phone to see how they are I responded with a positive attitude to colleagues and clients I asked for a referral from a loyal client I sent a note to an existing client with a personal message I wrote or recorded a brief update for my website I invested 20 minutes in myself I included my partner and family in my work The positive thing I noticed today was... Tomorrow I am looking forward to... A journal on marketing keeps you focussed. Marketing is made up of three elements. Market - who you are targeting Message - what you want to say to them Media - how you get to them It really helps simplifying things in this way. Of course you have to get each element right! It's easy just to write things on paper if you are doing it yourself and then refer to the plan. But if it is a total company plan, which various responsibilities then you may have to use some type of project management tool like http://www.teamworkpm.net/

0 comments: